Friday 16 January 2009

Why Twitter Rocks!

I've been speaking with people recently about twitter and its pretty save to say I'm becoming an addict!  I tweet in the morning, tweet at lunch, and tweet in the evenings, and I love seeing what others are upto. 

The applet I use (TweetDeck) has a feature to monitor the most popular words being tweeted on the wire (pun intended), so when I saw the words Hudson, Airplane, Crash, United and Airlines appearing in large words, I knew something had happened.  Those updates started appearing about 1/2hr before the UK news services picked up on the plane crash which, given the seriousness of the incident, I can't believe that not one person expired.  The Pilot - He has Skilllz.   Hero of the Year?  Certainly so far,  but Obama takes his seat in office next week.

No comments: